- As a souring agent in ethnic culinary preparations.
- In the manufacturing of ketchups, sauces--Chinese, Worcestershire, Barbecue, etc.
- As a flavouring ingredient in alcoholic and non-Alcoholic beverages--iced tea.
- In instant soft drink syrup/powders.
- In confectioneries--candies.
- In instant soups & noodles.
- In dairy products--yogurt & other flavoured milk products.
- In curing tobaccos--chewing, pipe and cigarette tobaccos.
- In food processing as preservative and marinade
- In pharmaceutical industries--oral hygiene products and cough syrups.